Monday, April 20, 2009

Reflection

1. What have you learned since September in Canadian Studies? (Or since you started to take the class)

Since the beginning of the lesson-Canadian Studies, I have learned so many things that were uncounted. Essay is a very important part of my study. It is a very good and helpful lesson for me to learn and use. I have learned how to write a personal essay and expository essay. I have known the styles of them and how to write them expertly. I can use less time to write them than before. I can remember that when I had to write my first essay-"Hero", I was stupefied about the style of the essay. It was so strange and new to me. Now, I can get my ideas faster than before. I also learned so many knowledge about Canada. I learned the native people and many places of Canada. I knew more about Canada, such as its cultures, languages and people. From the beginning of this term, I got a book-"Wordily Wise". It taught me many vocabularies so that I got more knowledge. I didn't only learn this, but also learned how to work together well. Canadian Studies taught me how to cooperate with other people, this is a really important part of my study because everyone needs help sometimes. Thus, this lesson really influence me a lot, because it not only teach me knowledge, but also how to be a good person. Thanks for Canadian Studies!


2. What is the most memorable lesson you remember? (if you weren't here, maybe at another school)

The most memorable lesson in my memory was the Puppet Show. This lesson really gave a profound impression. To be honest, I don't like to do handwork because I am not good at doing it. From that lesson, I found that I liked to do it. I began to have a little interest in doing handwork. This makes me surprising because I didn't like to do it at all before. I have found its interest. During the time of doing the Puppet Show, I was glad to have it. Sometimes, I had a little expect to have that class. Another point was I always worked with my partners. We worked together and cooperated with each other. We also helped each person when someone needed help.

3. Think about your life as a student here since September. Have you changed? How?

I know I have changed since September. I could feel my change. Before I came here, I didn't do my homework very carefully because Chinese teachers didn't have many requests in students' homework. They always care about your scores of exams. After I was a student here, I have known I need to put more and more efforts into my homework. It plays a very important part in my study and mark. If you don't care about it, you won't get a good mark no matter how smart you are and how well you did on your exams. I have realized this major point so that I put more efforts into my homework.



4. What is your goal for yourself by June? What is your plan to study?

My goal is to be better that now and get A of all lessons by June. It's really important for me because I am a student. I need to study hard. I need to get good marks. This goal will encourage me to work harder and harder. I know I am lazy now. I can feel I'm lazy now. I don't want to keep this situation. It's bad for me. So, I will do my homework more carefully and review my vocabularies to get good marks on exams. This is what I need to do and what I should do. I will try to do what I said.


5. What are you most proud of in school since September? Have you done your best?


My heart that wants to study and want to be a very good student makes me feel proud, because I want to study harder and get good marks. Though I didn't do it very well, I have a heart wants to do. This is very important, at least I think so. Every matter always depends on yourself. If people don't want to do, he won't do it well. If people want to do it well, he will try and work hard so that they can get good marks. I didn't do my best because I always have a little lazy in my heart. Sometimes, I admire people who always work hard and I admire they always have heart to do that. I really admire them!! I need to try my best. I need to and must to do!! I won't let myself be lazy because I need to be a good student.



Bonus
1. Is there anything else you want to tell me or reflect about?


Dear Ms. Chan, I think I become lazy now. Have you felt it? I know sometimes I need to do, but I always let my lazy come out. I worry about myself sometimes. I really don't want to do that. I always think about it, I have known I can not be lazy any more! It's bad for my study! I don't want to let this occupy and won't let this happen again. Now, I have known what I must do.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kitty (I think I will use this name from now on),

    Don't underestimate the power of your ability. You have so much potential. The heart to study is not easy to have. I know you can do it. Your reading log has shown me you are not giving in to your lazy attitudes. I can see the effort you put into your homework.

    I am glad to see you understand the difference between the Canadian and Chinese classes. The emphasis on homework. The emphasis on study habits is extremely important. Tests are important, but if you can do the homework, you can do well on the tests.

    I have seen the change in you since September. You have truly changed and blossomed into an intelligent young lady. You are not as shy as before and I love the questions you ask.

    Thank you for trying your best. Thank you for wanting to study. Thank you for being such a good student. Thank you for being a pleasure to teach.

    I really want you to be the best you can be. Put away the lazy Helen and get ready to be INTELLIGENT KITTY (and not just Hello Kitty).

    Ms. Chan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ms. Chan. :P
    From your words, I have known what should I do deeply. I have an explicit goal about myself now. I will remember what you said.

    ReplyDelete